Friday, November 18, 2016

Fancy Folds

The Fussy and Fancy challenge 
is being hosted by our lovely and talented Annie
and she has chosen the theme
A Different Fold/Shape.

Our sponsor is Wild Orchard Crafts.


I have an entire notebook of 'fancy folds, but do you think I could locate it?
Not to be....so I went to my favorite place for inspiration
'Pinterest'
and found this
'Circle Side Step' card Tutorial HERE.
I didn't post the tutorial here because number one
it's not my tutorial
and
number two
she has a wonderful and easy picture  tutorial to follow.



I cut a 6 1/2" circle on the Cricut Explore
making things pretty simple
then just followed the directions from there.

I cut a second 6 1/4" circle to use as my background.
I simply cut it apart to fit each piece.
The back of the card is covered as well.

I die cut a doily and a wreath (twice)
for my center 'attraction'.
All of my papers used are 'snippets' from my
scrap bags!

Tiny Roses were added along with a few holly leaves and berries.
the berries were die cut using red glitter paper snippets.

I added a doe and fawn and a few pine trees to finish.



It was a fun challenge, one that made me 
'think outside the box' as they say, 
pushing me to get a bit more creative.

Head on over to Fussy and Fancy and see all the 
beautiful creations the design team has to offer!

Entering the following challenges:
Pixies Snippets Playground .... Snippets
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Extra ... Patterned Paper


Products Used:
Stamps:  SU  Joyous Celebrations
Dies:  Cheery Lynn Designs French Pastry Doily,
          Impression Obsession Deer, Twig Wreath Set
          IO Pines Trees
Designer Paper:  SU
Ribbon:  RRR


11 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

It's absolutely stunning Diane!! Beautifully done!

aussie aNNie said...

Oh boy I love this Diane, and have often made this style, they always look so classy...just beautiful.xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW its beautiful
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Di said...

Wow Diane - this really is totally fabulous! Wonderful fold (ha, I did whimper when I looked at the tutorial and spotted a craft knife though) - and you did a marvellous job. A perfect snippets Christmas card!

Hugs

Di xx

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, this is amazing!! What a creative, fabulous fold!! The papers and details you added are gorgeous!! I love the spots on the fawn!! Stunning card my friend!! Wow!! I love, love it!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Beth Brovold said...

Hi Diane!! Such a beautifully designed card...certainly full of the WOW factor! I know what you mean about trying to find something when you need it...lol!! Gorgeous creation...thank you for your lovely comment on my blog...I KNOW that you can do the fan fold...wishing you a most wonderful weekend Diane!
Take care,
Beth

Kathy Krug said...

Well this is certainly circlelishish. I have not done this befor so I will have to try. Perfect for your wreath layers. Love the papers and gorgeous flowers.

Shona Erlenborn said...

This really is stunning and outside the box! Love the fold and what you did with it! Awesome job!

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhh, pretty, pretty! I love the spots on the fawn. Of all things to mention first, right? But there's just so much fabulousness to see on this -- the roses, the paper, the twig wreath. Wow! And those stripedy trees are so cool! I want stripedy trees! Very fun shape, too. I just make the same old boring card...

Jo Rice said...

Morning Diane, I love your card design, and I think this shape works so well for Christmas. Perfect inspiration for our recent Challenge, and just my kind of embellishments...big hugs...xx

SewPaperPaint said...

OH my goodness, this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Hugs, Autumn