Thursday, October 13, 2016

Spooky Halloween

Happy Birthday To Me...lol
Yep, today is  my birthday
and I am celebrating by doing what ever I want....
well that is kind of not true as I am headed out of town soon
for a weekend at our lake house....
headed 'north' to see all the pretty Fall color
(ours has just started here...amazing the difference 5 1/2 hours can make)

I did however purchase my own birthday present.
I was outgrowing my present 'storage' of my Copics
and had ordered 2 sets of these from Joanns online as they were 40% off
Crafter's Companion Spectrum Noir Marker Storage Trays Black
But then, they had Copics for $3.14 each...WOW...so I ordered 24 pens
only of which 18 have shipped.....
but that meant I needed MORE storage...so I went back to Joann's online
and they no longer have them...but I found them at 
Consumer Crafts for just slightly more....and best yet,
I ordered them on Tuesday and they will be here on Thursday (today)
AND
they have $2 shipping all week...
like I said ...Happy Birthday to me...
and I am sure in awe of the FAST shipping...WOW!!



But, before I leave I had to join in this fun challenge  at
as what an awesome photo inspiration
that will allow me to use some of my very many and very neglected
Halloween stamps!



I have had 'creators disaster' all week,
so I did this card 3 times and am still not satisfied with it....
I guess I need that little 'mini' vacation!



It is what it is...
I used 2 very old sets of Stampin Up for this card
House of Haunts
and Home is Where The Haunt Is

Well have to run as we have a birthday dinner in Indiana tonight.

Tomorrow (Thursday)..(can you tell I wrote this the day before)..lol
I have to pack and grab us some food to take
and make sure all the animals will be taken of while we are gone

Have a great week/weekend everyone!

Entering the following challenges:
Crafting By Designs .... Add A Sentiment (x)
Make My Monday Challenge.... Photo Inspiration (x)

13 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Great Halloween card! Love that witch and the colors!
Fun shopping to celebrate your birthday! Awesome! I forget to look at Joann's for Copics. Thanks for the reminder!
Happy Birthday!

Lisa said...

Happy, happy birthday my friend!! I hope your day is filled with much love and happiness!! Eat a piece of cake for me!!

Your card is a perfect take on the inspiration photo!! I love the Halloween scene you've created!! It's spook-tacular!!

Have a wonderful time at the lake house!! I hope you take pics of the pretty leaves to share with us!! Happy, happy birthday again my sweet friend!! Enjoy your day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Shona Erlenborn said...

Wonderful take on the Photo Inspiration! Love your Halloween scene! Great background too! Have a wonderful weekend, celebrating your special day!

Ros Crawford said...

Happy birthday to you... Happy Birthday to you ... Happy Birthday dear Diane... Happy Birthday to you...OOOO!! xxx Lol!
Have a brilliant one especially with those copics ... you lucky lady! I hope your card arrives...
Loving your haunted Halloween card ... great BG!

Darlene said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my BFF! I hope you have a very colorful weekend at your north house and yes ... you deserve a break! Love your card ... you are too hard on yourself ... great job!

Anne Temple said...

Happy Birthday!! Love those storage units for Copics. That's what I use too. Fabulous Halloween card too. Love the background. Have fun at your lake house.

Seemaa said...

Wow amazing cards, Happy belated birthday!!

Leslie Miller said...

Happy birthday! My Bday is Saturday and a friend's is tomorrow, so we're going to buy each other birthday lunch tomorrow, tee hee! I have many October birthdays to celebrate -- more local friends, plus hubby. Your card certainly doesn't look like a disaster. It looks awesome! Kinda perfect, I'd say. You couldn't get much closer to the inspiration photo. Fabulous birthday presents for yourself! Copics for $3.14? I'm going to have to remember to check Joann's online once in a while. Sheesh! Enjoy your time at the lake house!

Pat said...

Awesome autumn sky. Thanks for sharing with Make My Monday.

Kathy Krug said...

Happy Birthday !!! glad you treated yourself to the awesome goodies. That's what birthdays are about. Love the big moon in that Halloween sky. Have a great weekend.

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Congratulations on your birthday Diane. Wishing you a year filled with love and joy and many more years to come. Enjoy your special day.
Your card is perfect and I love the vibrant colors.

Inkyfingers said...

Happy Birthday Diane, and I hope you had a wonderful day. Your card is spooktacular and I love the witch flying in silhouette against the moon!
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.
Hugs
Carol x

Nandini said...

Many happy returns of the day! Love your card, especially the witch. Thanks for joining us at ATSM. Nandini DT