Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Summertime Fun

Time for a new challenge at
Terri is our hostess and she has chosen the 
theme 'Summertime Fun'.


I chose to work with an image from
I printed this image about 3 years ago
and decided it should be used...finally!
I think it is the sweetest image and it
reminds me of my Mom as she loves
the original Sunbonnet girls, 
I think I am going to put this in the mail just to surprise her!

I spend a lot of my mornings in my flower gardens
and though it is a lot of work,
it is also 'summertime fun' to me!


The image was colored with Copics.
I used a silver glitter pen for the sheers.

A frame was cut using the 6 in 1 frame set from Impression Obsession.

I love the burlap background 'paper'.
It is from DCWV Spring Mixed Media.

I added little Roses and die cut leaves from my stash!

Since I am talking about gardening, I have a few pictures
from my own gardens to share.

My Iris are a favorite of mine,
though this year with the 80 temps we had
they didn't last long.




I love these Allium  and add more each year,
though they produce more bulbs on their own


Now be sure to pop on over to
'The Sisterhood' and see the 'summertime fun'
my 'sistahs' have to inspire you! 

Entering the following challenges:
Dragonfly Dreams .... Say It With Flowers (m)

8 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh Di what a precious creation! As soon as I saw this card I thought ... now there's Diane out in her beautiful gardens tending her gorgeous flowers! LOL You have such a wonderful array of perennials and the Iris are my favorite also ... but I only have one (need to do something about that). Thanks for a fun creation and beautiful photo shares! Have an awesome day!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh Wow!! Those iris are amazing!! Such beautiful colours Diane! And your card is just perfect ... gorgeous image of you tending your garden!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Right up my alley - the card and the beautiful photos of the Iris. Mine too were quick to bloom and quick to fade this year. I love that pink one - a color I do not have. Love the image - just precious and your little flower bouquet is the perfect finishing touch.

Marge said...

don't know which I am most envious of your card creations or your garden. love irises as well, beautiful!

Leslie Miller said...

I thought that image looked familiar! Surely I saved that one. I think I have every image I could possibly want from that site, and one of these days I'll color more of them. This is the perfect picture of you in your garden. I just know you wear a dress and sunbonnet when you're out there, don't you? Well, the sunbonnet probably wouldn't be a bad idea. This card really caught my eye when I was scrolling through my Bloglovin'. It's sooooo pretty! Diane, you did an awesome job on this. And now your beautiful flowers make me want to head to the garden, but I have other plans today. I don't have room anymore for iris, and this type of allium didn't do well in my garden, alas. Those are some gorgeous flowers. I welcome garden photos anytime, hint hint.

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! What a gorgeous image!! It reminds me of the Hollie Hobbie dolls (not sure if that's spelled right :) You colored it beautifully!! And the burlap is a fabulous touch of texture!! Wow, your flowers are more gorgeous every year!! The colors are just stunning!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Donna Ellis said...

ohhhh! I am SO JELLO, Diane! When we lived in CA, we had lots of irises in splendid colors! Our neighbor cultivated her own by cross pollinating them. The ruffles on your Beauties are surely not real - surely you have used organza and silk and done these yourself LOL Magnificent! Do you dig up your bulbs, or leave them in ground?

Your darling little gardener is so sweetly tending her flowers. It reminds me of me! I actually wore a hat like that to keep the sun off my face and neck. My mom made it for me LOL Your card is lovely. And yes, I am in love with your burlap background, too! I need to look for that! SO PRETTY!

hugs,
de

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love your gardening card - the sweet girl is so charming. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams challenge, Elizabeth (DT)