Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Die-lirious and Punchy Challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters

Today is our new challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters!
Terri is our hostess and she has chosen the theme of
Die-lirious and Punchy, meaning get out those dies and/or
much neglected punches!!

One of the things I love about being on The Sisterhood Design Team is,
it gives me an opportunity to use a few of my wonderful supplies
that I can't use on other DT's as long as I stick to the theme!


During the making of this card, my fellow "sistah" and team mate and friend
Dar was here visiting with me for a few days.
We decided to get together and make a few of our challenge cards together,
making it even more fun!!

I used a gorgeous background paper, used a die to cut the "snow drifts",
(which I added glitter to)....
then comes the fun part...the deer!

A few years ago I purchased a Brenda Walton Sizzlits Strip die
called Woodland Deer.
It cuts an entire row of deer and trees.
I used a partial section of it for my woodsy scene.
I also have to admit, this is the first time I have used it....
just goes to show you I have way too much "stuff"!!

I cut the die twice and paper pieced the trees.
I used 2 old SU round punches for the sentiment.
Lastly a ribbon was added for a pop of color!

Now head on over to The Sisterhood and see what my "sistahs" 
have to inspire you to join in with us!!

Entering the following challenges:
Mod Squad .... Winter and a Die
A Snowflake Promise .... ATG with a Christmas/Winter Theme
Pixie's Snippets Playground ....Snippets #198
Word Art Wednesdays .... ATG

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful winter scene you created. Loving all of that sparkle, this is the only way I like my snow! Fabulous creation! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Blog!

Pat K said...

Gorgeous winter scene with just the right amount of sparkle. Love it. hugs, Pat K x

Darlene said...

I just LOVE this scene you've created and thanks for enabling me to purchase that 'snow drifts' die ... now to remember to use it! LOL! AWESOME and inspirational creation as always! Well done my friend!

Eve said...

Hi Diane
thank you so much for entering the playground with this STUNNING card.
Wow! it truly is a work of art and I love everything about it!!
I just wish that my cards could look that good!!
Eve xx

Anne Temple said...

You've created a fabulous scene! I never think to get out my Decorative strips dies any more. Thanks for the reminder :-)

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the scene you've created!! The sparkly snow is fabulous!! Love, love this my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Leslie Miller said...

Too much stuff? Is that possible? Gee, I wouldn't know (my nose is growing). I would hate to divulge how much stuff I have that I haven't used yet. I need to do a self-challenge or something. That sounds like so much fun to do your DT cards together! And look how beautiful this turned out! What a pretty snowflake designer paper sky, and love the pretty glitter and those deer at the base of the snowy hills. What a fantastic card!

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful scene; love every die cut you used!

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh how I love this darling scene! How very perfect - it is amazing! I love the blue background paper paired with these dies!

applejack cards by sue said...

How wonderful. I love this snowy scene.. you have reminded me that I too have beautiful dies that I couldn't do without yet never used. Thank you for sharing this with us over at A Snowflakes Promise. Sue ST xx

Natalie said...

You've created a great scene!! Fabulous use of the dies. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!!

Sarn said...

Fabulous die cutting. Great card . . . no wonder it was showcased in the Snippets Playground! xxx

Barb said...

Your card is a beauty Diane. Congratulations on being a Top Five pick in Snippets Playground. Barbxx

Lisa B said...

WOW! You have been busy. All of the cards are just amazing you have posted lately. I love what you created for this challenge at the Sisterhood. Everything flows just beautifully!

Melanie {The Party Suite at Bellenza} said...

What a pretty winter scene!

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

GORGEOUS card! I LOVE this scene! Super pretty! Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! Have a blessed day!

Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)