Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Name That Christmas Tune

What fun it is at "The Sisterhood" for our next challenge!!!
Darlene is our hostess and she has chosen our theme of
"Name That Tune" using a Christmas song as your tune"

I had a ball with this challenge, but it was so dang hard picking
only 2 songs.....but in the long run I came up with these two!!


 I had purchased this gorgeous Die-Versions die last year and
knew it just had to go with the song title
"Away In A Manger"

I first stenciled my background card stock with gold ink
using Memory Box "Star Dust" stencil.....
I get all my stencils from Classy Cards 'n Such and have such fun with them!

I cut two of the manger scene, one in light blue and one in black
and just letting a bit of the second one show underneath...
it almost makes it look as though it were glowing.

The second card I did is more of a "fun" card.....
I went with the "Winter Wonderland" song
thinking of the verse "In The meadow we can  build a snowman"
Now that I have that song stuck in your head (LOL) I will tell you how I made the card!!
I used the gorgeous new die from Sweet Dixie
isn't this just the cutest snowman ever???


First I die cut my snow"girl" and then glued her down on white card stock
then I used my Copics to carefully color her in
I found if you kept your pen "STRAIGHT" up it was easier to do!!
then I "hand cut" it out, added my pearls and I had this darling little snow girlie!!
I finished off with a snowflake embossed background 
and a gorgeous pink ribbon!!


Take a peek over at "The Sisterhood" blog and see what creativeness the "SISTAHS"
and "STEPSISTERS" have for you.
Because of the holiday fast approaching, we won't be back with a new challenge until
January 14, 2015, so we each did TWO Design Team cards....
lots of beautiful inspiration for you there!!

Entering the following challenges:
Clear It Out .... Theme/Blues Stash/Ribbon or Twine (my OLD gold ribbon)
and
Cuttlebug Mania ...Christmas
and
Die Cuttin Diva's .... Non-Traditonal Christmas Colors (no red/green)
and
Tuesday Throwdown ....Family Christmas
and
Craft-Dee Bowz ....Bow December monthy
and
Word Art Wednesday .... Anything Goes
and
Scrapy Land .... Anything Goes With a Scrapy land die
and
The Color Throwdown .....using the photo below

19 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Ww!! I love your stencilled manger scene and that snowman is too cute for words!!
BTW ... Every blog except your has now got word verification on ... including mine ... don't know what's happening ... what did you do to fix yours?

Unknown said...

Beautiful pastels, embossing, and die cuts. We all really appreciate you for posting your art with us again this week at Word Art Wednesday. Advent Blessings, Carole
"Candle of Preparation", Preparation means to 'get ready'. "Help us to be ready to welcome You, O God!" (Luke 3:4-6)

Lynn's Place said...

CIO challenge blog is happy for your visit ... both your projects are beautiful. tfs ... stop by and play with us again <((><

Jannie said...

He is snow adorable! Very cute

Thank you so much for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania!

Merry Christmas and Cuttlebugs & Hugs
Jannie

Lisa said...

Both of your cards are so beautiful, Diane!! I love the DV die you used...perfect with the Away In A Manger sentiment!! (You should enter it at Scrapy Land!!) And that is the cutest snowman!! I love the colors and embossing!! Fabulous job on both my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Donna Maligno said...

These are both wonderful! No problem guessing the tunes to these. Thanks for sharing your art on the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month.

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Oh my goodness I love both your cards. Love all the detail to your cards as well. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenges this week.
Linda K. DT

Lisa B said...

Diane these are GORGEOUS!! I love both of them. Great job!! DT Sister Lisa

Lori Kobular said...

I love both of your cards, the first one is very elegant with the manger scene and the second one is so much fun with that adorable snowman die!! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #7!

HeARTworks said...

Both of your cards are great, but I particularly like the Away in a Manger! Somehow I can picture that dark starry night with one star brighter than the rest! A blessed season to you! patsy

Karen Letchworth said...

I'm so in love with your snowman card. It's the same colors as my post for today and the exact colors of the challenge right now at the Color Throwdown Challenge Blog if you want to play along. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing your amazing talents with us at Word Art Wednesday!
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

CA Scrapper said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week!

Leslie

Shelly said...

Your first card is just beautiful! What a gorgeous die. The snowman card is just adorable and I love all the fun colors!
Thank you for joining us at Die Cuttin Divas!
Shelly

Donna Ellis said...

Love your cards, Diane! Two completely different cards which are beautiful - and truly as different as they can be! Thanks for playing in the Scrapy Land Challenge using die cuts! I hope to see more of your pretty projects in the next challenge, too! hugs and blessings, de {Creative Smiles}

Vickie Z said...

Okie dokie....I am loving the traditional snowman song...fabulous!! Love all the dies and embossing!! Thxs for playing at CTD!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Fantastic die cuts, and lovely cards! The details on the snowman are wonderful! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown.

Barbara Bruder said...

Both of your cards are so pretty. Love all the dies you've used. Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful Christmas scene. thanks for playing along with us at Clear it Out Tuesday for the Blue/use twine/ribbon challenge.

Wanda Cullen said...

I'm such a fan of snowmen and this one is so adorable! Love the colors peeking through the die cuts! So glad you were able to play along with us at Color Throwdown!