Monday, October 13, 2014

Christmas Fun

Happy Birthday to "Me"
Happy Birthday to "Me".....LOL
Yes, today is  my birthday...
and I am doing whatever I want....
which is "nothing"...hah!!

Here is my post on the Classy Cards 'n Such blog today....
thanks for the nice comments!!

Hello Classy Friends,
It is time again for our fun weekly challenge....
This week our challenge theme is "Polka Dot Christmas"
Make a Christmas card with the colors shown in our inspiration photo and dots!!


I went with a rather clean and simple choice for my card....
I really wanted to show off my "stenciled" polka dot tree!!!


Beverly has lots and lots of stencils to choose from in the store
I inked up my craft mat with Tim Holtz Barn Red Distress ink
then added a small scoop of Dreamweaver embossing paste and mixed 
it together with my Palette Knife.
You don't want to use too much, as once you have "inked" it, 
it cannot go back in the jar!!
I used a Paste Spreader to apply my paste on Banana Split Pop Tone paper...

I set it aside to dry, (which it dries pretty fast)
I added my background paper from BoBunny Candy Cane Lane 6 x 6 paper pad.

I cut my window from PoppyStamps Small Madison Window.....
There is a tiny "snippet" of lace added for a valance.

Once my stencil was dry I cut Impression Obsession Fir Trees from my paper.
It resembles designer paper, however, what is unique about stenciling it,
is gives a raised dot background, giving it dimension!!

If you were looking through this window into my home,
you would see a few pets, 
so I added a small kitty from Impression Obsession Baby Kittens


I added two smaller trees to the inside of the card it finish it off!

We are inviting YOU to join in our weekly challenges, 
and would love to see YOUR creations....
Won't you join us?

Entering the following challenges:
Pile It On .... 2 or more Die Cuts
and
A Gem of A Challenge ....Create A Scene
and
Send a Smile 4 Kids ....Early Holiday Wishes  4 Kids
and
We Do Doobadoo .... Christmas

8 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Lovely creations Nellie
Happy Birthday to you.
Have a lovely day.
Gr Elly

Darlene said...

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday my sweet friend ...
Happy Birthday to you!
Hope your day is filled with WONDERFUL memories and laughter!
This card is just ADORABLE!!! I'm so glad I got to see it IRL ... so creative to STENCIL the paper before you cut out the trees ... cute!!! And LOVE the little kitty & puppy ... OMG and those lace curtains! You have created quite a lovely scene here! GREAT JOB and thanks again for everything!!

Lisa said...

Happy, happy birthday my friend!! I hope your day is filled with much love and happiness!! Do nothing!! Eat anything!! Have fun and enjoy!!

Your card is so beautiful!! I love the polka dot trees!! The puppy and kitty are adorable!! Love this!!

Enjoy your day my friend!! Wishing you a wonderful and happy year ahead!! Hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIANE!!! I hope you have a fantastic day!

Your window card is sweet

Sandy

Leslie Miller said...

Your card is SO pretty, Diane! I had my eye on this challenge. Aren't those trees cute? Love! It's so darling how you made the window with the cat and dog and polka dot tree. Hey! I didn't realize our birthdays were so close. Mine is coming up Wednesday. Happy birthday!

Ros Crawford said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I'm so sorry I missed it ... I will catch up ... promise ... just so much going on here.
LOVE your card especially those sweet trees!! Sending big huge hugs!!

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Love your card. I thought I saw a cat on it when I saw your card at the Send a Smile 4 Kids blog, and had to come see. I'm a major cat person, and love pretty much anything feline! Great job on the stenciling. I've never tried coloring my paste to stencil. Might have to give that a go. Tfs!

BethieJ said...

Happy BELATED Birthday!
CUTE Card!!
Thank You for joining us last week at PIO!
Hope to see you again soon!!
Have a GREAT Day!