Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Hollyhocks and Butterflies

This is my post for the "Garden Party" Challenge
on the "Classy Cards 'n Such" blog today.
Hope you will take a peek.....
take a peek at the store, too...all kinds of "NEW"
items have been stocked.....
and you can always use my discount DIANE-10!!


Hello Classy Friends, Diane here with you today.
I have a very cheerful Spring card to share with you I made for our


I love the colors of this card..I call them "happy colors"!!
I started with the gorgeous Stardream Serpentine Pearlized Metallic 
105# cardstock.
What can I say about this paper except..."you will love it"!!!  A beautiful light green,
Metallic paper that has become a favorite!!

I next used Impression Obsession Large Fence die....
if you could see this card "up close",
you would notice a nice "wood grain" embossing on the boards.  
After cutting your fence,
run it through your machine again (in proper stacking order for your machine) 
and you get all the wonderful wood grain effect!

I popped up my fence slightly using Joy! Foam Pads Small, I was then able to tuck my

Next I cut 2 sets of Impression Obsession Hollyhocks die.
An interesting part of this die is, it comes with 4 little separate flower dies
you can cut to layer for a "3D" look!
I colored my flowers with Copic markers in a coral color.
The Butterflies (yes I know I use these a lot) are Joy! Crafts....
They come in a set of 3, the one I used being the smaller...
I do love this die, the butterflies are a perfect size and shape!!

I hope you will join in our weekly challenge and "WOW" us with your creations this week!!

Entering the following challenges:
Through The Craft Room Door .... Anything Goes
and
Creative Colors ....use inspiration photo below and 3 colors
and
Sweet Stamps .... photo inspiration below

15 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

Diane, this is just so gorgeous!! I love all the gorgeous flowers! Thanks for the info the other day, I wish it wasn't so big!!

Ros Crawford said...

Such a beautiful scene and so pretty! Great card my friend ... hope all is well with you ... have you got good weather yet?

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, this is stunning, Diane!! The hollyhocks look amazing!! I love the fence and birdhouses!! Just simply gorgeous my friend!! It's so beautiful, and of course inspiring because now I have to have these dies!! Have a great day my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Darlene said...

WOW this is fabulous Diane! Hollyhocks were my grandmother's favorite flower and your card brought back memories of seeing her out in her garden. Thanks!
What a great design ... you rock girlfriend!

Shelly Schmidt said...

What an amazing card- love the dimension and the fab Spring colors! The flowers are fab! Thanks for sharing with us at SweetStamps.com

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhhh, love this pretty garden! Those hollyhocks and patterned birdhouses are so cute! I would love to see this outside my kitchen window!

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Hi,

Beautiful card. I love the flowers you ad.

Thanks for joining us at Creative colors challenge and good luck.

hugs
Claudia

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow, spectacular design. Gorgeous mix of die cuts and flowers. The addition of the butterflies are a perfect finishing touch!

Sabrina Jackson said...

What a creative card! Love the way you have created this scene! Thanks for taking the time to plat along in our Creative Colors Challenge! Hugs, Sabrina (CCC DT)

Shirley said...

Love what you did with the IO dies and your card is beautiful! What a keeper for the lucky person. The paper piecing turned out great!! I need to remember to do that too!

Lady Bug Stampers said...

What a wonderful scene you have created. Love those little bird houses and the flowers. Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Colors Challenge this week and hope to see you again.
Linda K. DT
www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

Sandy Fredrick said...

What a Sweet design, love the bright colors and patterns on the birdhouses. Thank you for joining this weeks blog challenge at SweetStamps.com.

Sandra said...

Beautiful card Diane, Love the flowers, very creative!
Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges this week!
Hugs,Sandra

jen evers said...

What a beautiful card! My eye was drawn to it instantly on the creative colors blog page! Great job! xoxoJen

Rose Andrew said...

wow... what a beautiful card love all the colors and die cuts use :)
Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Colors Challenge.
Hugs Rose DT