Saturday, March 15, 2014

Hoppin' Long The Bunny Trail

Good Saturday morning to you!!

I was up at the crack of dawn thanks to the cat rummaging around in my closet
and who knows what she was looking for.....
and the dog pigging my side of the bed....
I just gave up, made a pot of coffee and headed to my creative room!!



I wanted to enter the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge this week (ends tonight)
which is "Easter".
I decided to stick with a traditional, Spring Easter card!
I bought this CLD Large Spring Basket die a long while back...
it comes with the little bunny in the center, so it's like getting 2 dies for one...
However, I realized as many times as I have used this basket die
to hold all my handmade flowers, I never have used it as an Easter basket
that I can remember!!

When I was a child (many moons ago) we had traditional "real" Easter baskets,
not these Sponge Bob, Spider man things you see to day (blah!)
So, I cut my basket out of papers that reminded me of the pretty colors of the
baskets years gone by!!
The center bunny was cut with a "hoarded" velvet yellow paper..yep it has a velvet texture...
a bit of grass was added, and I cut some "eggs" with "Shimmer Sheetz for some 
well.... "shimmer"!!
The bow was made with (and I LOVE this die...you must have it) CLD Pretty Pretty Bow die.
I used the CLD Spring Basket Angel wing under the bottom only of my basket
as I wanted to tuck the bunnies, eggs and grass in.
The background is one I just love ...it is SU Decor Dots EB folder..I use it a lot!!
The card base ( I am trying to use my color card stock more and more) is SU YoYo yellow.
I think it came together pretty well.

Challeges Entered"
Cheery Lynn Designs...Easter and use at least 1 CLD die
and
The Stamping Boutique....use Bunnies
Simply Create Too....Animals

17 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

I love it, Diane!! I have some blue velvet paper...know what you mean when you say "hoarded", as i keep saving the rest, too!!

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

So cute Diane! I really like how you've used the bow to accent your basket as well!!! I just picked up the basket die recently and you're inspiring me to use it!

Thanks so much for joining us in our challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs this week!

Juliz Design Post said...

Such a cute Easter Card. The bunnies look so sweet sitting in the basket. Good Luck with the challenge and thanks for joining in the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs. Julie x

Jacquel said...

This is an adorable card Diane! I love the texture & cute bunnies!

Thanks for letting me know about my win...I LOVE that card!!!!!

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, Diane!! I love the ester basket with the adorable bunnies!! The colors are so springy and beautiful!! I too hoard paper and I know I need to use it, but I just can't seem to do so :/ Love this my friend!! Have a wonderful weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh wow, this is a gorgeous card for Easter. Love your fabulous die cuts. Definitely am going to have to check them out!

shulsart said...

Diane, your Easter basket is adorable, love the bright spring colors. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Ros Crawford said...

So cute! Ah... days gone by ... when we all had a new outfit for Easter and the days were warm ...

Darlene said...

OMG this is just TOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!! What a fabulous design! No wonder you were the winner at CLD with this adorable creation! YOU GO GIRL!!!
Lastly ... I too miss Easters of Old! We ALWAYS got a new Easter outfit to wear to church including hat, purse & gloves! The Easter Bunny colored our Easter Eggs and my sisters and I each had a beautiful pink or purple or blue basket with just enough chocolate to make us happy but not enough to have to invite the Dentist to join the family gatherings! LOL! Thanks for the fond memories!

Irina Gerschuk said...

What a beautiful project!!! So fresh and cozy!!! Love the colors too))
Thank you for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs!

Leslie Miller said...

Another win -- yay! Go, Diane! I'm all for the traditional Easter baskets, too. Love to get all the stuff for the innards and make them up myself. Doesn't have to be for a kid, either. I'll just hippity hop off to a friend's house and hand it over. This is darling!

Leslie Miller said...

ps: I DO want that bow die!

Trace4J said...

Just darling.
Love the buns.
Woolie O Blessings

maria f. said...

Your basket reminds me of the basket I used to found hidden somewhere in the house every Easter. And always with a white chocolate bunny in it. Thanks for joining the fun at Simply Create Too!

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Love your card, Diane--great cutouts! Thanks for entering our Challenge #57 - "Animals"--hope you enter our upcoming challenges too.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Melissa @ M Miranda Creations said...

Super cute card! I'm so happy that spring is in the air! Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Create Too.

Hugs, Melissa DT

Sara said...

so cute, love that basket! thanks for playing along with TSB