Saturday, February 8, 2014

Layers of Creamy Goodness!!

Here is my blog post on the Classy Cards 'n Such blog today!!
Don't forget to join in our weekly challenges,
we would love to see you there!!

Hello Friends,
Diane here with you today on the Classy Cards 'n Such blog.


Today I have a gorgeous card showing you how well all the dies from various companies
work together.


I started my card base by cutting a frame from
Marianne Creatable Die Anja's Large Oval
I scored my cardstock, folded it in half, and overlapped the die, so as not to cut
entirely through the fold side, allowing the card to be "one piece".  I cut a second "single
Large Oval and covered the card front with it, giving me a complete die cut.....
a wonderful and easy way to create a "shaped card"!
Using another die from the same set of Marianne Creatable Die Anja's Large Oval,
 I made the next, intricate, beautiful layer, 
which has been slightly "popped" up using Joy Foam pads.

The next layer was created using the Cheery Lynn Designs Lattice Hearts & Vines die.
It, too was "popped" up by cutting the small Joy Foam pads in half
.  On top of the heart, I placed the word"Love", also a Cheery Lynn Designs die.


To finish my card, I added 3 rolled roses using a Memory Box Pinwheel Posie die.
I added a bit of "Mercury Glass" stickles to my flower "petals".
I think this would be a beautiful card for an anniversary, wedding, or Valentines Day!!

Challenges entered:

Feeling Crafty Challenge Blog Use Dies and/or Punches

12 comments:

Kristi said...

WOW! What a gorgeous card~I am swooning over it! Love all the yummy layers and flowers!♥

Primitive Seasons said...

Ooh, ooh such beautiful work Diane!
Love all white or cream cards. Great job on this one.

Mary

Darlene said...

GORGEOUS! What a great idea to put this collection of dies together! Made for one AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL creation! Well done my friend ... once again you've inspired me ... Uuugh so many ideas ... so little time!

Sherrie K. said...

This is so STUNNING!!! I adore the white on white and the way you worked the dies are incredible! The lattice hearts and vines are so pretty and wow gorgeous flowers!!! LOVE THIS!!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Heather Rogers said...

Absolutely beautiful and intricate design. :)

jimlynn said...

So beautiful and dreamy looking!
Stunning creation!
Lynn

Lisa said...

My gosh, Diane, this is absolutely stunning!! Wow!! What a gorgeous card!! I love the layers and the dies you used!! It looks amazing my friend!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Jill Norwood said...

Diane this is stunning! I love the pretty layers and the gorgeous rolled flowers!

Ros Crawford said...

Gosh this is pretty and I love your rolled flowers!

Leslie Miller said...

Be still my heart! Layers of creamy goodness is the perfect title for this post. So beautiful! On top of everything else, I love those rolled roses and the Mercury Glass stickles. Absolutely divine, Diane!

Shirley said...

Gorgeous, Diane. I really like your layers, the die cuts, and how your did your beautiful roses and mounted with that lovely bow!

Gretchen Wilson said...

Gorgeous!