Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Let's "Get In Shape"

Hello,
I wanted to share my post with you this week at
"Classy Cards 'n Such" blog for challenge #17.
We would "love" to have you join us!
Don't forget, you can always save 10% at the Classy Cards 'n Such
shop by using my code DIANE-10

This week at Classy Cards 'n Such, the challenge is to "Get In Shape".
Make a shaped card other then a circle, square, reg A2 card, etc.


I don't know about you, but I LOVE shaped cards!!  They can be so fun and unique!
So, lets get right to it!!  I made my cute "dresser" card starting with the base paper from
Classy Cards 'n Such.  This is a wonderful 111# weight paper called 
"Nude Curious Metallic" , a beige paper with a hint of pink in it!  I cut 4 panels, one
larger for the "drawers" to sit on and 3 drawers.  I inked around the edge with TH
Distress Ink "Old Paper". Brads were added to each for the "knobs".
For the bottom of my dresser, I used Spellbinders Vintage Labels & Banner dies,
using the smallest label die, and just using the top part!! I love how this looks like a "real" dresser
and the embossing detail from the Vintage Labels & Banner die really adds to it!!

Sticking out of the dresser drawers are two "doilies", these were made using a
Cheery Lynn Designs Snowflower Set 1 die and for the second doily a  cut off
piece from Cheery Lynn Designs Border die "Carnivale".  For fun, I added four
"playful" little kitties using the NEW, just released die from PoppyStamps "Baby Kittens".

Thank you for joining me today.
I hope my card has inspired you to join us this week in our "Get In Shape" challenge!

Entered into challenges:
Craftin Desert Diva's Craft It UP & Link It Up Shaped Card Linky Party

9 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

So cute!! and I love those pesky cats climbing in and out ... Just what mine would do!

Dianne said...

WOW Miss Diane, this is FANTASTIC, it really looks 3D, love the kitty's and the doilies,this is so creative,thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day, ((( BIG HUGS)))

Darlene said...

WOW this is awesome! You are so creative! Love the doilies hanging off the edges and the kitties are so cute too! You are certainly an inspiration my friend!!
Try to stay warm!
HUGS

Anonymous said...

Eileen L. said...

This is so adorable. It actually does look like a dresser and the doilies and kitties are so so cute on your card, love it.

Joan Fricker said...

Very cute Diane. Those cats are fun!!!

Lisa said...

Oh, how sweet this is, Diane!! Those playful kitties are so stinkin' adorable!! I love the shape!! This is so creative and fabulous my friend!! You need to enter it into the Craftin Desert Diva's shaped card challenge (http://www.craftindesertdivas.com/). I hope you are staying warm!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Darnell said...

What a darling shaped dresser card, Diane! So clever! I also love your prior posts with your continued homework from the class! Very inspiring!!

Enjoy the day! Hugs, Darnell

Leslie Miller said...

It does look like a real dresser! I would have thought it was a dresser die. Ingenious! Love the doilies draped over the drawer edges and, of course, the kitties.

Shirley said...

This is too too cute for words and the way you have things coming out of the drawers is priceless and will bring a smile to any face!! A real keeper and shower offer too!