Monday, May 13, 2013

Watercolor Inside and Out

Well, I sure have been missing for awhile....
May is (and has been) a super busy month for us...
Ball, soccer , 5 birthdays, a wedding and a bridal shower...
and more to come.... 
 
So. to get me back in the "mood", I did this card for the
challenge at the Moxie Fab World which ends tonight...
 
 
I used some of my TH distress pens and water to color my flowers
I first stamped with Versamark and embossed with black EB powder...
on watercolor paper.....I colored my flowers in and cut them out...
same with the butterfly...
I spritzed water on my craft mat, and scribbled the pens on the mat
using a water brush I first wet my watercolor paper, then "painted" in the colors....
 
And since my friend "Dar" at Dar's Crafty Creations has inspired me
to finish the inside of my card, I did just that, using 3 more of the watercolor flowers
 
 
Also for a bit of "shine" to my flowers I painted on a bit of Stickles Rock Candy
on the edges of my petals......see ya later


6 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh Diane this is BEAUTIFUL!!! (inside & out) I think I need to 'case' it for my stash ... hope you don't mind, teehee! I have such difficulty with CAS creations and I love this idea ... simple yet gorgeous! Have a great week and thanks for the shout out!

Lisa said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!! The inside is as beautiful as the outside!! I love the designs of both!! The flowers are stunning!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Diane! Thanks for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Leslie Miller said...

So pretty! I love the inside as much as the outside!

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards....

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards....