Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Heart of a Friend

I was just "itching" to get my Julie Nutting Prima girl stamps out again....
I was "cruising" thru my challenges and saw this one at
to use the colors slate blue~peach~apricot
 
 
My slate blue paper was gorgeous with slate blue roses on it...
but I covered them up and you can't even see them.....lol....
The theme was "To The Mom In Your Life" or "Love"
Since Mother's Day is over, and I am posting this by the seat of my pants so to speak
I decided to make a "friend" tag...as we all LOVE our friends...right???
 
 
This is a BIG tag, using a Prima tag that was made for these stamps....
the tag has a vintage writing on it...which I flipped the tag over and used it for my back
of the tag, afterall, why cover up that gorgeous writing.....
This will be a fun tag to tie on a friends gift......
 
 
 
And I wanted to share with you a crazy fish....
I took my grandson to a place to eat called "Lunkers"
they have a huge round aquariam that you can sit at and eat...
this fish looked like a big fat lemon and he sat
for 25 minutes staring at us while we ate
(I think maybe because my daughter was eating a fish sandwich...lol)
but look at his teeth....we just cracked up over that!!
He is a real fish, about 9" long!!!
 

11 comments:

Lisa said...

That fish picture is freaking me out!! His teeth - wow!! And oh my gosh, I LOVE the tag!! You did an amazing job!! She looks gorgeous!! I love her sparkly shoes and headband!! The colors are beautiful!! Love, love it, Diane!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kristi said...

Diane,
I love your tag..I really like that lady stamp and her glittery shoes!♥
I was scrolling down reading your post and that fish made me squirt tea through my nose! He looks like a cartoon character!LOL

Dianne said...

GORGEOUS Diane, what a fantastic tag, the background paper look beautiful behind the lovely image colored beautiful I might add,the sentiment is lovely, a fabulous tag my dear, and that fish is hilarious, doesn't look rel, his teeth are so freaky, thanks for sharing it all and have a wonderful day..

Ros Crawford said...

I can't get over that fish!!! That's amazing!! His teeth are beyond belief!! Hahaha! TFS
You tag is STUNNING!!! everything about it is beautiful but especially that image! WOW!

Darlene said...

AWESOME!!! Your tag is just gorgeous Diane ... LOVE her dress and that necklace ... WOW she must be rolling in the $$$$$! LOL!
OMG that fish is so funny ... I was telling my daughter about it ... will have to send her a link so she can see it too!
Hope you're having a good day ... I know you have a TON of gardening to do ... not sure how you find the time to create such beautiful cards/tags! Hope to play with my Prima girls some day soon ... (haven't arrived yet) but I do have the ones that you let me stamp off! HAVE A FUN DAY!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Okay... I was admiring your tag -- love the color combo and the cute girl stamp with her glittery shoes -- and then I saw the fish and I just cracked up! Oh, my, those teeth! Are they teeth? So funny! Thanks!

Jamie Martin said...

Love the tag! You did a great job with the colors from the challenge :)

Alicia said...

What a beautiful and serene card... love it. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week. :)

Heather Rogers said...

Such a darling tag! I love the doily. :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is just the sweetest image, and the design and colors of your tag are all perfect!

anya said...

I just love a good tag, and this one is fabulous! Great details - the glitter on the shoes is wonderful! So glad you could join us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!