Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Winter Scene

It's a nice bright sunshiney morning here after 4 or 5 days of rain.....
I should be making a "sunshine" card.....
but the challenge at Joan's Garden is to show
A favorite winter pastime...use black embossing...use a frame...and a dimensional

I might be pushing it with "the frame", but I used black CS and "framed" the entire card...
I used a new Nellie Snellen embossing folder called "snowman"
purchased from Joan's Gardens
and a new die from Dee's Distinctively called Snow Covered Stacker Tree...
I love how it cuts in 5 sections and you can stack it up for dimension....
there is also a some more new dies out from this company...
one is a cottage...wow, the detail...



I had it on my order and then took it off
as my order had gotten so "big"....
now I notice it is sold out...geez, and I had it almost in my hot little hands!!
 
And because it's Sunday and is "family day" to me
I wanted to share pictures of two of my sweet granddaughters (sisters)
Alanah and Harley
the photos are taken by my wonderful photographer daughter
at Lori Diane Photography
 
Have a nice Sunday...and will be back tomorrow with some more "new" things!!

5 comments:

Selma said...

Very cute card Diane. I love those Nellie Snellen embossing folders. Thanks for joining us in our challenge at Joan's Gardens.

Joan Fricker said...

Beautiful card Diane. Great embossing folder and I love how you have used it.
Beautiful Granddaughters too and great photography!
Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Lisa said...

What an awesome card!! The embossing folder is so fabulous and I love the tree!! And oh my gosh, your granddaughters are so beautiful!! What amazing pictures!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous card ... Love the tree! and your granddaughters are beautiful!

Unknown said...

Wonderful card, I love that tree, have been thinking about getting that one and a few others of theres, some nice dies.
Love the look, terrific job.
hugs
Donna