Sunday, August 19, 2012

Winter White

I need a NEW camera.....
any input from anyone would more then appreciated....
I just cannot get a good picture with the one I have....
and yes, I have done all the suggested settings....
have new batteries, etc.....


So, that being said, I am entering this lousy picture of my card in
a challenge at Joan's Gardens...
make a white Christmas card, with stickles or glitter and use soemthing from nature....
well, I have stickles on every embossed snowflake and not one iota of it shows....
the snowflakes are punched with a MS punc
h on glossy cardstock (which doesn't show up either)
the tree is a Memory Box die also cut with glossy cardstock
 and I used a pearl "pen" for the ornaments on it....
I think I should go back to bed, as it seems it is going to be an "annoying" kind of day!!

11 comments:

Mihaela said...

Beautiful card, love the tree!!!

Lisa said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, Diane!! The tree is so beautiful, the snowflakes are awesome and the embossing is fabulous!! Although it looks stunning in the pic, I'm sure it is even more so in person :)

I bought a camera more for taking nature pictures because I love to travel, but it works pretty well for projects, too. It's a couple of years old now, a Cannon EOS Rebel T2i. I think they now make a T3i now. I did a ton of research before I bought it and this one came out on top :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Hi Diane,
I know just how you feel putting all that work into a beautiful card and then it not showing up in the pic.... I always though it was my light and the angle I was taking my pics from.... but maybe it is my camera too....
Your card is beautiful and thow I can't see all the glitter and stickles and glossy cardstock it's a VERY lovley card indeed!!
Good Luck!!!

Anonymous said...

Stunning card. This challenge is a lot harder then it sounds!

sandyh said...

this is a beautiful card! i'm not sure who makes the embossing folder you used, but i am going to find it! very nice!
sandyh

Kelly said...

There is nothing wrong with this picture...have you had your eyes checked lately...lol! Gorgeous simply gorgeous!

Mrs. Swandog said...

So pretty ....I love your creativity with embossing folders!

Ros Crawford said...

So pretty!! This is really lovely ... and I know how frustrating it is not being able to get a decent picture ... I got another camera this year ... an Olympus which is a vast improvement on my original canon. I don't have an SLR ... just a digital ... can't afford an SLR and wouldn't know how to use one either! Good luck with your camera hunting!

Joan Fricker said...

Diane your card is beautiful and I can see it very well. Great job!!

Thanks so much for joining us at Joans Gardens for our weekly challege.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Rita said...

Your card is beautiful.I always think white cards are very hard to get a good picture. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xx

Lyse said...

Congratulations for this lovely card.