Monday, October 19, 2009

Turkey Talk


A beautiful morning here.....sun is trying to poke out.....air is crisp and clean...looks like a good day to start to winterize my garden...they are predicting temps of 62 today and 70 tomorrow...sure hope so.......I have a "turkey and maple leaf" card to share with you today.  I saw this "idea" on another blog...basically you just find a leaf, slightly adhere it to your cardstock (I used watercolor paper as I found the cardstock liked to "curl"), and spray with a spray mist...I used Tattered Angels gold, coffee, and green.  My small maple leaves were cut with a die from another project that I didn't quite care for (I never throw anything away).......

I also had to share my "Burning Bush" with you...mine is just starting to "turn"...but the ones closer to town are in full color, and I have to tell you, they are stunning!  I love this bush as for some reason in the middle of winter the cardinals love to "hang out" in it....another beautiful site with all the snow and the red birdies!!!  That's it for today...have a good one!!

Card RecipeCardstock:  SU Dusty Durango, water color paper; Ink:  SU markers, Old Olive ink;  Stamp:  SU Gifts of the Earth;  Accessories:  Ribbon, Spray Mist, die, maple leaf

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane!! I sure do love the way you masked the leaf for the turkey image and the colors are beautiful!! I also LOVE your photo of nature!! TFS! HUGS

Dawn B. said...

Diane this is beautiful. What a great way to stamp the turkey inside the leaf.. I love your burning bush.. Here in the south we don't have any color yet.. Great card and picture..TFS