Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Cards For Kate Drive

I have seen the shout out for the "Cards For Kate" Drive.  This has really made me think about myself and how sometimes when  you know  you are feeling out of sorts and are having a pity party for yourself, and we all do it, including myself.....then just think of poor little 5 year old Kate and her family and maybe things aren't so bad for "you" after all....I think sometimes we all need a little reminder that there is always someone worse off then ourselves.
Kate is 5 and she is fighting an aggressive brain tumor.  I saw on several blogs a call out to send Kate and her family a card.  You can read all the facts here http://jennifermcguireink.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/08/hello-cardmakersif-you-are-like-me-you-love-any-excuse-to-make-a-card-and-it-is-even-better-when-it-can-be-given-to-someo.html , I hope you do it, and there are some prizes involved, but I hope you do it "just because"!  I have been following Kate's story, and if you would like to read about Kate and her family, you may do so here http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/mcraekate/journal
I hope you will too read Kate's story and pray for Kate and her family, they really need it!

1 comment:

Curt in Indy said...

Thank you so much for posting this! I'm on it! Best, Curt