Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Here Comes The Sun & A Flourishes Thank You!







I have to say this has been a good start to my week! I won a $10 gift certificate at Flourishes today for the Timeless Tuesday challenge from last week....exciting! Exciting because Flouishes is one of my favorite sites to visit (well, I really subscribe to their blog so as to not miss a thing), their designers do the most beautiful work, I am always in awe! A big Thank You to Fourishes for the "gift"!
My card today is for the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday for this week, the challenge is to use "metal" on your project. I have a Making Memories tool to crimp these little metal tags on ribbon, so it was the perfect chance to bring it to use! My daughter-inlaw and I are "avid" gardeners, she purchased me this awesome "sun" for my garden. I am not sure if "he" is going to reside where I have him now in all my phlox, but that was the only place I could get the stake in as the ground is so hard!!! Isn't "he" the neatest thing, evah??

My card has a double duty today, as is not only for the challenge, but as a thank you card for Melissa for my great "sun"!!! I used my Fourishes set "Coffee With Friends" and made a "clean and simple" card today, as I should be cleaning out the fridge (its trash day), getting groceries, changing the kitty litter (its trash day)packaging up my Ebay, going to the PO, so it had to be a "simple" card....I still like it!

5 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

Gorgeous card Diane! Love the colors you used!

Anonymous said...

WOWW!! Love your coffee card!! One because I can't live without it and two because your paper piecing is awesome!! :) Love it!! TFS! HUGS

Dee Jackson said...

Congrats on the FTTC. I love your tag and the way you placed the ribbon

Kimberly Crawford said...

beautiful card!! LOVE that tag hanging from the ribbon!!
thanks for playing along! :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Congrats on winning last weeks challenge :)!!! Your card for this weeks hardware challenge is beautiful!!! I love how you attached the little tag!!! ~TFP~ Hugs ~S~