Thursday, July 23, 2009

Birthday Party




Do you love to give little parties? I do, its so fun to get those dishes you never use out, polish the silver, put on a vintage tablecloth, add some flowers from your garden, and make a bunch of new recipes (and hope they turn out)!
It was my sister's birthday on Sunday, so I invited just her and my Mom for a luncheon. I made the card the morning of, as thats how I normally operate, last minute! I used a background stamp (retired SU) and then preceded to cover it up almost entirely with a CB embossing folder, the dies I used are from SU's exclusive line, Cherry Blossom and Little Leaves, little leaves is only $5.50 in the catalog and I use it all the time for a quick, last minute card.
I made each guest (only 2...haha) a little box of chocolates and set on each plate. I did a luncheon for my Mom for her birthday in May, and hers was all roses and pastels, so this time I made it a very "summery" bright luncheon.

Our menu was:
Hay and Straw ( a linguine with julienned ham and peas, and the sauce was made with whipping cream and shredded Parmesan cheese).
Zuchinni Sticks (these are baked in the oven, breaded with grated parmesan cheese and bread crumbs) served with ranch dressing
Berry Slaw ( a cole slaw with strawberries and dried cherries)...so "berry" sweet!
Marble Chocolate Cheese Cake (I baked this the night before and was up until 1am letting it cool enough to remove it from the springform pan...what was I thinking?)

1 comment:

Mary G. said...

Your table looked beautiful and the menu sounds divine! Loved the card but I really loved the box of chocolates to match the 'theme'. I know your sister must have had a wonderful birthday!