Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Birthday Cards


First card is one I made for my hubby's birthday on May 3rd! sorry there is such a glare, but I took the photo at 3am! The base of the card was made with SU Kraft card stock that I ran thru my Cuttlebug with an embossing folder, then rubbed with SU chocolate chip ink. The "camie" background was cut with a SU Top Note die, the brown in the paper is velour. The image is of course the retired SU "Noble Deer"...love this set!
The second card is one my "daughter" made for me for Mother's Day......I love it that she is starting to make her own cards and that she made this one for "me"!!

I have a few works in progress, but have to admit, my gardening is taking up most of my time! After spending 2 nine hour days in the garden (and live to tell about it), I ache so bad from all the physical work that I was up at 3am, went to put the dog out,(she has a "hook up" we fasten her to that hangs on a screw on one of logs outside the door, very easy for us), anywho, I grabbed the leash and there was a yellow jacket on it, and it stung my finger! Now here I spent all this time in the garden and get stung some silly way at 3am, and of course am out of Benadryl...ouch!!! My finger is swollen twice its size!

3 comments:

Becky said...

These are beautiful.

bumblebee creations said...

You have not had the best of luck lately my dear friend! Hope all is better and you get some relaxation in! LOVE your cards!

Anonymous said...

WOW! These are so lovely!! I really like the deer creation!!