Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sweet Music or Not So Sweet???


I just purchased this House Mouse stamp a few weeks ago at HobbyLobby, was up at 3am and decided to give it a whirl! I did make a few little mistakes on it, but was too far into it to trash it!

I love the colors of SU Baja Blue and the DS paper is Autumn Vine from the mini. I bought a new product (new here anyhow) called Glitter Glue by Hampton , I actually "painted" it on the wings...is is very much like Stickles, but I think it dries faster. They had it in several colors, now I want more!!

I colored my little mice with the ink pads and an aqua painter, using SU Ocean Pacific and Baja Blue for the gowns, Creamy Carmel was used on the mice. The candy cane I used a Versa-Mark Red, SU So Safron for the horn. I used a gold glitter pen for the halo's and the "sound from the horn. The brads are some I purchased last year. The sentiment is from a SU level 1 hostess set.

I really like the "soft" look of this card.

6 comments:

Darlene said...

Great card! Love the soft blue tones ... your coloring is perfect and the touch of sparkle on the wings is adorable!! GREAT job!

Recycled Rita said...

Hi Diane!
This card is darling! I ordered the baja blue and real red for my holiday making this year. I just love that blue...(close to robins egg!) I think those will be my colors...How are you? We are doing good here in CA but today have had alot of ash from the surrounding fires and a weird sun from it.... We are fortunate to be about a 1/2 hr. from the closest fire, I can't imagine what the people local to the fires are experiencing!
I just thought I would stop in!
Hugs! karen....

Pat (mspfd) said...

I love House Mouse. This is such a cute image! Wonderful card.

Primitive Seasons said...

So sweet Diane. I agree, the softer tones are so nice.

Mary
www.primitiveseasons.blogspot.com

Libby Hickson said...

So cute!! That image cracks me up!

Anonymous said...

How CUTE!! :) Love this HM image!! TFS!