Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Horse Is A Horse!



I made this card for the challenge LSC186 on SCS if you would like to check out their gallery! The rules were strict on this challenge, and I have to admit I struggled with it a bit. You had to use white or vanilla card stock as your main color, no sponging, no design paper. Your second color had to be either black, any color brown, or gray. Third color could be any to accent, and your ink had to match the cardstocks chosen! So basically there were only 3 colors to use. My problem was coming up with that third color that looked right with my Sienna Ancient Page Ink. I chose this ink as it has that "vintage" look to it, which is what I was going after! If you haven't tried the Ancient Page inks, try them, they are awesome!

The stamp I bought on Ebay a few years ago, it was one of those "impulse" buying moments! I have to say though, that I just love the image! I added some tinsel ribbon which just happened to be the color of the ink to the wreath around the horse's neck for some "bling"! The stamp image is from True West Designs E482-Large Horse and Wreath (and this stamp is HUGE)!

5 comments:

Primitive Seasons said...

what a great card for someone for christmas who loves or raises horses. Nice job!

Mary
www.primitiveseasons.blogspot.com

specialcraftmom4 said...

I think you did a great job (:

loretta said...

beautiful work!

Tonya said...

The rules were strict for this challenge, but you did a great job!!

Lorraine said...

this is a magnificent image, and your color choice is just perfect. It's simply gorgeous! tfs